***This role is exclusive to Zenrec on behalf of Prentice***
Alloy Wheel Technician
Perm & Full-Time
Company Bio & Role
As a Prentice Alloy Wheel Technician, it will be your responsibility to carry out repairs and paintwork to alloy wheels, repair and refinish work efficiently and competently and complete all orders to Prentice Standards.
- Carrying out alloy wheel repairs.
- Preparing alloy wheels for paintwork.
- Removing and refitting tyres.
- Balancing wheels after they have been repaired.
- Mixing paint to apply to wheels.
- Applying paint products correctly and to a high standard.
- Perform all work duties in a competent fashion and within the acceptable timescales.
- Advise appropriate colleagues of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during the working of that order.
- Up-sell tyre sales opportunities to the Tyre Centre when necessary.
- Ensure parts of Warranty Claims are retained and cleaned where necessary.
- Ensure exchange parts are returned to the Parts Department when required.
- Ensure that all vehicles worked on are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken for that vehicle whilst on Company premises.
- A full UK driving license.
- Previous experience working within the automotive trade, ideally from an accident repair centre or dealership background and have experience in paint spraying or alloy wheel refurbishment.
- The ability to multi-task.
- A willingness to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to communicate with customers face to face and over the telephone.
- Physically fit to perform the requirements for the role.
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Salary & Rewards
- Staff Car Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Company Pension Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Free car parking
- Salary negotiable
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community