Lead Electrical Engineer
Full-Time & Perm
Omagh, Co Tyrone
Major manufacturing business
Reporting to the Group Electrical Systems Manager this person will be responsible for leading the design development support and complete lifecycle of the electrical control systems on our tracked mobile Cone products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Head up platform electrical teams to support all electrical engineering activities for the respective plant group and successfully manage workload and available resource
- Lead development of new NPPD products ensuring compliance with established design, test and validation practices
- Hardware Design
- FDS Creation
- Software Creation / Sourcing
- Design documentation pack completion
- Deliver projects on time and within budget for all NPPD and existing product developments
- Lead individual plant teams on a daily basis to achieve quick resolution of highlighted issues, drive product improvement in the areas of product reliability and warranty reduction
- Create and manage live snag lists for all existing products in order to implement product improvements in a staged process; utilise the ECO process to implement all product changes (including software revision control)
- Ensure Control system designs conform to applicable legislations and standards
- Engage with mechanical product design groups, to ensure new system designs conform to customer and operator expectations
- Identify common control requirements and create standardised control functions
- Stay abreast of new developments in components and control system technology to nurture innovative control solutions
- Develop and nurture new talent.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic / Similar Engineering Discipline
- Proven track record in designing PLC based control systems for industrial or mobile machinery
- Possess a solid understanding of design engineering practices
- Proven track record in project delivery across complete product lifecycle.
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects on time and in budget.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in electrical design role
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community